For newcomers to the city of Budapest, this 2,5-Hour Segway Tour offers a fantastic overview and orientation to the city with wide range of city’s highlights.
Grand Highlights City Segway Tour
Why this tour?
You will be able to see much more than you think, and we will show you everything you’ve read about, in a fun way!
Grand City Segway Tour takes you to Budapest’s most panoramic views – the Buda Castle and Buda Hill, as well as the top of the Gellért Hill and Hotel, the Liberty Statue of Budapest – Citadella, and admire Budapest’s perfect skyline and see how Danube river divides the city into two parts.
Your Tour starts with a visit to a Parliament of Hungary, the tallest and largest Building in Budapest, and one of the most famous highlights of the city. As well as St. Stephen’s Basilica, with its height of 96m, Parliament Building represents national millennium, as the Hungarians first came to the lands of Hungary at 896, and definitely is not to be missed out on your holidays.
Explore everything that historical downtown of the city has to offer, pause to take in views of the famous Fisherman’s Bastion and Buda Castle, and see both while exploring the city on your Segway – Buda and Pest.
Then, glide along the Danube waterfront, see memorial of Jewish people in Hungary – Shoes On Danube, created after the WWII., then cross the Chain Bridge, see Clark Ádám Square with Zero Kilometer Stone, and continue your tour in the old Castle Hill and District.
Segway PT i2
Tips from Locals
Your tour takes you alongside the riverside, past Saint Stephen’s Basilica, to the Liberty Square – with monument to Soviet liberation of Hungary in World War II., from Nazi occupation, and a Ronald Reagan Statue.
Your guide will then show you the Castle District, and this part of your tour includes all of the hilly Buda Side – Buda Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church and more!
See the Presidential Palace (Sándor Palace), watch the guard change which takes its place in front of its courtyard.
And finally, admire the views and sights as if you were walking, stop frequently for a numerous photo-ops and listen to interesting stories of Budapest’s past, present and future.
This Budapest Grand Segway Tour takes you to some of the Budapest’s most beautiful and iconic places, and showcases the most important landmarks and monuments, which you’d miss on sightseeing trips like city tours by bus. This tour offers a great overview of Budapest’s history, places to go, key highlights as well as hidden gems, and a local culture.
How it works
- Meet Your Guide
on a Segway near Vaci Utca 10/2
- Segway Training
15 minute Training, more if needed
- Enjoy Budapest
during Segway gliding with narration
- Discover Budapest’s key highlights in the space of a single tour
- Take advantage of a private or small group tour and go at your own pace
- Be introduced to Budapest’s most interesting stories by your professional guide
- Take numerous photo stops included in the itinerary
- Enjoy being outside on a speedy Segway while sightseeing effortlessly
PRICE: 52€ per person
WHAT’S INCLUDED: We provide everything you need to begin your adventure around the Hungarian capital. This includes segway rental, an initial orientation session, touristic guide service, a helmet, ponchos (in case of rain), jackets.
DURATION: 2 Hours
SCHEDULE: On request, or every 2-3 hours depending on the day.
GROUP SIZE: Private or a small group tour (max 7 pax. per guide)
LANGUAGE: English (French, German, Russian available on request)
- Elizabeth Bridge
- Statue of Queen Elizabeth
- The Royal Palace (Buda Castle)
- Eugene of Savoy Monument
- Matthias Fountain
- Sandor Palace
- Trinity Square
- Matthias Church
- Fisherman’s Bastion
- Chain Bridge
- Margaret Island
- Hungarian National Parliament
- Shoes on Danube
- Saint Steven’s Basilica
Our guide will be awaiting you at GetSegway office located in Vaci Utca 10/2, Budapest (on a yard, through passage).
- Free cancellation up 48 hours before the tour starts.
- Payment will not be refunded for any reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 24 hours of the scheduled tour, but we will do our best to accommodate you on another tour or date, pending availability.
Segway Tour Rider Requirements
- All guests must be age 10 and up and over 35kg and under 125kg.
- Safety first.
- Minors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or a adult while on tour.
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway Tours.
- Not recommended for people with mobility issues. Please, email or call us to discuss.
- Segway: Be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. You will be standing for 2 hours.
- Helmets are provided and required.
- Sign guest liability waiver.
- Respect other tour guests, road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.