There is a lot to see in Budapest’s historical centre, and there are several Segway Tours for you to choose from. Yet, if you are on a tight schedule or simply just want to experience the Segway, this tour is a perfect fit for you.
1-Hour Express Segway Experience
Why this tour?
Enjoy zipping around with a friendly, young tour guides who will show you around. It’s a perfect length activity when you want to try a Segway and see a few sites!
The popular and lively Pest side of the city is located on the Danube’s west bank. The area’s popular historical sites, medieval houses, stunning architecture and unique character are definitely not to be left behind. We are happy to offer a safe and comfortable ride between many of them.
After you learn to ride your Segway during a training with your experienced tour guide, set off exploring along the riverside of Danube, see the St. Stephen’s Basilica, Hungarian Parliament Building, see the Square of Liberty with Ronald Reagan Statue, and visit the monument of Shoes on Danube while your informative tour guide shares with you interesting anecdotes and facts about Budapest.
The tour is short, fun, and designed to leave you with pleasant memories of your time in Budapest.
Numerous stops are made for Instagram perfect photos – so don’t forget your smartphone.
Segway PT i2
Tips from Locals
Glide through the Elisabeth Bridge, marvel at the Gerard of Csanád Monument, spot the famous Rudas Thermal Baths, see the Gellért Hill, and continue riding your Segway by the bike-path along the western bank of Danube to the Chain Bridge, the first bridge spanning the cities Buda and Pest, designed in 1839, finished at the year of 1849.
Pause to take in the view of Matthias Church, see the Buda Castle Hill Funicular in use since 1870, find out about the Zero Kilometre Stone, and after short while find yourself heading up to the Hungarian Parliament Building which dates back to 1904, contains over 40kg of pure gold and standing at 96m tall, and as well as St. Stephen’s Basilica the 2nd tallest building in Hungary.
While Parliament Building is located just steps away from the Margaret Island, popular tourist attraction as well, see our Margaret Island Tour for more info, your 1-Hour Budapest Segway Tour route lets you explore different monuments – the Shoes on Danube River, Square of Liberty memorial of Soviet and German Amy, Statue of Ronald Reagan and more, which marks the last viewpoints of this guided Segway Tour.
How it works
Meet Your Guide
on a Segway near Vaci Utca 10/2
15 minute Training, more if needed
during Segway gliding with narration
Downtown Mini Tour Highlights.
PRICE: 38€ per person
WHAT’S INCLUDED: We provide everything you need to begin your adventure around the Hungarian capital. This includes segway rental, an initial orientation session, touristic guide service, headphones, a helmet, ponchos (in case of rain) and liability insurance.
DURATION: 1 hour
SCHEDULE: departures every hour
- Hungarian National Parliament
- St. Stephen Basilica
- Liberty Square
- Jewish Memorial
- Central Market Hall
- Shoes on Danube
- Chain Bridge
Our guide will be awaiting you at GetSegway office located in Vaci Utca 10/2, Budapest (on a yard, through passage).
- Free cancellation up 24 hours before the tour starts.
- Payment will not be refunded for any reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 24 hours of the scheduled tour, but we will do our best to accommodate you on another tour or date, pending availability.
Segway Tour Rider Requirements
- All guests must be age 10 and up and over 35kg and under 125kg.
- Safety first.
- Minors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or a adult while on tour.
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway Tours.
- Not recommended for people with mobility issues. Please, email or call us to discuss.
- Segway: Be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. You will be standing for 2 hours.
- Helmets are provided and required.
- Sign guest liability waiver.
- Respect other tour guests, road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.