Take a tour of monuments and magnificent views of Budapest on a fun Segway Ride around the city’s ancient and hilly streets.
Buda Castle & District Panoramic Segway Tour
Why this tour?
See sights of Budapest’s historical Old Town to the Royal Palace, the Buda Castle, on this 2-Hour Segway Tour.Your fully guided route features spectacular views of Budapest’s downtown, Chain Bridge, and the Danube River. Go behind the scenes and discover the history behind Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church of Castle District, and catch the royal guards change in front of the Presidential Palace, the Buda Castle Courtyard and see the imperial Trinity Square and Statue.
The Royal Palace dates back to 1265, is part of a World’s Heritage Sites and houses Hungarian National Gallery and History Museum. First built by King Béla IV of Hungary, it used to be home for Hungarian kings during its years.
Cruise past the Chain Bridge, see sights as Majestic Parliament Building, Shoes on Danube memorial and other unforgettable monuments such as St. Stephen’s Basilica or Square of Liberty.
Enjoy your narrated tour riding a Segway while listening to insightful and informative history and stories about Budapest, your guide will help you answer questions you were wondering about!
Segway PT i2
Tips from Locals
This tour packs numerous highlights of Budapest in its itinerary, whose history dates back to the middle ages. Explore Budapest’s hilly streets as this tour showcases the best of Castle District and much more. Beginning by a first part of the Buda Castle Complex which was built by King Béla of Hungary and finished in 1265, only the year of 1769 was when most of the site as we see it today was finished.Named after the city of Buda and home of Sándor Palace, the Presidential Palace of Hungary built about 1806, the Buda Castle Complex was destroyed in 1686 in a Great Siege, and again rebuilt in 1715. Yet, the constructions works stopped at 1719 due to lack of money. Sadly, in 1723, most the Royal Palace was burned down, and remained destroyed until the 1769, as the construction was finished with the help of Queen Maria Theresa.
After discovering awesome history the Castle District of Budapest has to offer, explore the impressive waterfront of Danube, see the Chain Bridge, the oldest Bridge over Danube River and built before the year 1873, first spanning two cities back then – Buda and Pest. Yet, it’s it’s difficult to imagine that the alternative “Pestbuda” was considered seriously at the time.
Until building the Chain Bridge at 1849, Pest and Buda developed separately. Their distinctiveness and slight rivalry continues to this day.
Over the Danube bend, the historical Downtown of Budapest is home to the city’s two tallest historical sites, as majestic St. Stephen’s Basilica and Parliament Building of Hungary. Both stand at 96m tall, as the Hungarian law states that no building in Budapest can stand at over 96m of height. The Parliament is the largest and most massive building in Hungary as well.
Explore effortlessly all Budapest historic centre has to offer on this Buda Castle Segway Tour, while your personal guide will introduce you to the most interesting stories and history of the Hungarian Capital, also known as ‘’Pearl of Danube’’, and don’t miss anything while visiting Budapest.
How it works
- Meet Your Guide at GetSegway™ office on Vaci Utca 10/2
- Segway Training enjoy 15 minutes of free training, more if needed
- Enjoy Budapest during Segway gliding with narration
- Discover the whole Budapest Castle District in the space of a single tour
- Pick a departure time that works best for you
- Learn about Budapest from your knowledgeable, fun tour guide
- Admire superb views and panoramas of Historical Downtown and get great photos of your tour
- Have fun zipping around on your speedy Segway
PRICE: 52€ per person
WHAT’S INCLUDED: We provide everything you need to begin your adventure around the Hungarian capital. This includes segway rental, an initial orientation session, touristic guide service, a helmet, ponchos (in case of rain), jackets.
DURATION: 2 Hours
SCHEDULE: On request, or every 2-3 hours depending on the day.
GROUP SIZE: Private or a small group tour (max 7 pax. per guide)
LANGUAGE: English (French, German, Russian available on request)
- Elizabeth Bridge
- Statue of Queen Elizabeth
- The Royal Palace (Buda Castle)
- Eugene of Savoy Monument
- Matthias Fountain
- Sandor Palace
- Trinity Square
- Matthias Church
- Fisherman’s Bastion
- Chain Bridge
- Hungarian National Parliament
- Shoes on Danube
- Saint Steven’s Basilica
Our guide will be awaiting you at GetSegway office located in Vaci Utca 10/2, Budapest (on a yard, through passage).
- Free cancellation up 48 hours before the tour starts.
- Payment will not be refunded for any reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 24 hours of the scheduled tour, but we will do our best to accommodate you on another tour or date, pending availability.
Segway Tour Rider Requirements
- All guests must be age 10 and up and over 35kg and under 125kg.
- Safety first.
- Minors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or a adult while on tour.
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway Tours.
- Not recommended for people with mobility issues. Please, email or call us to discuss.
- Segway: Be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. You will be standing for 2 hours.
- Helmets are provided and required.
- Sign guest liability waiver.
- Respect other tour guests, road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.